“My goal as a therapist is to help clients feel valued and supported as they work towards healing and a greater self-awareness.”
Aimee is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Texas. She received her M.A. in Counseling Psychology and M.A. in Women’s Studies from Texas Woman’s University, and B.S. in Psychology from Texas A&M University. Aimee is dedicated to child, teen, and young adult wellness, with several years working in education (K-12, and university), as well as outpatient, inpatient, and residential treatment experience. Aimee believes the most important component of therapy is creating a warm, accepting, and healing environment, facilitated by using creative therapy methods and a multi-theoretical approach.
Aimee’s Special Interests
- young adult transitions
- vocational and academic development
- chronic health conditions
- eating disorders/body image recovery
- creative & experiential therapy methods
- acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- cognitive behavior therapy (CBT)
- play therapy
- sand tray
- I love to crochet (I host a crochet workshop) and lots of arts/crafts
- my two cats (cat lady and plant lady)
- spending time with my family and friends (extrovert and people person)
- design, fashion, re-purposing, and art
- Harry Potter fan & other magical worlds/fantasies
Contact Aimee Howarth by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling her direct line at (940) 220-9164.
When you click Request Appointment below, if you do not see the name of the counselor you are interested in seeing, it is because that counselor is currently full. Please call our front desk to be added to the counselor’s wait list.